Start on Your Path to an MS in Data, Insights & Analytics Degree
Selecting the right master’s program for your career goals is important. Our admissions team is here to help you at every stage, from inquiry to application. Schedule a phone or video consultation with one of our team members to get started.
We offer multiple deadlines to apply. Apply for the deadline that best works for you. If you submit between deadlines, we will review your completed application after the next deadline. If admitted, your enrollment deposit date will be communicated to you in your online admission letter.
Begin your degree in January 2024
- Rolling admissions
- December 4, 2023
- January 4, 2024*
*Applications submitted for the January 4 deadline must have all materials in by January 4 to be considered for Spring 2024 admission. No late materials will be accepted, including all transcripts, resume and essays.
Begin your degree in September 2024
- Rolling admissions
- April 10, 2024
- July 10, 2024
What You’ll Need for Your Application
- Why have you selected the MS in Data, Insights, and Analytics? What actions have you taken to better understand your intended career focus?
- Tell us about the quantitative skills you have developed through your career and/or academic coursework. How will this help you as you pursue your MS in Data, Insights, and Analytics degree?
Essay responses are limited to 600 words each.
Please use this optional essay to communicate additional information about yourself that is not otherwise represented in the application, and which you feel would benefit the admissions committee. Essay responses are limited to 600 words each.
Include past work experience, educational accomplishments, demonstrations of leadership, and ways in which you have grown professionally.
Your past academic history—particularly your four-year degree—indicates to us your ability to succeed in a structured study program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved (accredited) institution is required.
- International applicants are required to have the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree. View the minimum degree equivalents for different countries. You may wish to have your transcript evaluated by World Education Services (WES) to ensure you meet the four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency requirements.
- You can submit your application with unofficial transcripts; certified copies of transcripts from your degree institution are required once admitted.
- The preferred method to receive official transcripts is electronically from your institution. Please access the Parchment website or contact your institution to make this request and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts may also be mailed directly from your undergraduate institution in a sealed and stamped envelope to:
MBA and Master’s Programs Office
Wisconsin School of Business
2450 Grainger Hall
975 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706
Official transcripts must be received on or before August 31.
- $75 for both domestic and international students (additional $6 processing fee for international students).
- Fee waivers available if you have been on active duty in the U.S. military within three years of applying.
- Payment by credit or debit card through the online application system; receipt required to learn of the admissions decision
- The GMAT, GMAT Focus, and GRE are optional for applicants.
- Candidates who are below a 3.0 GPA are strongly encouraged to take either the GMAT, GMAT Focus, or GRE to show the admissions committee they have the academic ability to handle the rigors of the master’s program.
- A TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score is required for international students. The requirement can be waived if you have an undergraduate or master’s degree that was taught in English.
Letter of recommendation
You may submit a letter of recommendation as part of your application; however, it is not required. Select a recommender who is qualified to evaluate your potential for leadership or management. They should have a strong understanding of your abilities and be familiar with solid examples of your accomplishments. This individual may be a current or past supervisor or manager, a client or vendor, or a representative of a volunteer or community organization in which you are involved.
Connect with us.Get the latest infoGet the latest program info