Certificate in Accounting
Add Accounting Expertise and Expand Your Career Options
Boost your career-readiness and build skills in one of business’ most fundamental disciplines. The Certificate in Accounting prepares you for financial and quantitative-driven professions and gives you baseline knowledge that is applicable across industries.
Designed for School of Business students
The certificate is open to all non-accounting major Wisconsin School of Business undergraduates.
Continue in Master of Accountancy
Certificate recipients are prime candidates to join the MAcc program and pursue a CPA license.
1 required course
(ACCT IS 301, Financial Reporting; 3 credits)
+3 accounting electives
(any course numbered ACCT IS 302 through ACCT IS 699; 9 credits total)
Popular Majors to Pair With the Certificate
Finance, investment and banking; risk management and insurance; real estate; information systems; operations and technology management
What You’ll Learn
- Foundations in financial reporting and analysis
- Ethical business decision-making based on financial information
- Information systems and the impact of emerging technology
- Impact of taxation on business transactions
- Expanding role of assurance services
- Appreciation for the global and diverse nature of the profession