A people-first focus on business
About the Wisconsin School of Business
In an ever-shifting world, there’s something uniquely consistent in the Wisconsin way. It influences people’s lives beyond the boundaries of the classroom. There is something deeper here than a one-size-fits-all education.
Building Character To Drive Innovation
We set our course as one of the first five business schools in the U.S.—and have been trusted to lead business for more than 100 years.
Our Values-driven Approach
We are on a mission to imagine, create, and lead the future of business.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at our core.
Including all voices and welcoming all ideas—that’s embedded in our DNA. We help you thrive as an inclusive leader.
Together, we set a new standard for the leadership we need.
We choose collaboration over competition. But don’t let that fool you. That is exactly why our teams succeed and why recruiters seek our graduates. Infusing emotional intelligence and a mindset of service and support is our secret sauce.
We build the character to drive innovation.
Our hallmark is creating an environment where leaders incubate their biggest ideas and follow their biggest passions, recognizing that no one takes the same path.
Message from Dean Vallabh Sambamurthy
We are on a path to reimagine lifelong learning based on a portfolio of relevant, agile programs. We shape transformational leaders and resilient achievers.
- Build and deliver a Top 10 BBA program
- Create a nimble, market-responsive graduate portfolio
- Foster campus, corporate, and global partnerships
- Enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion
Pathways to Success
- A modern curriculum that enhances our current portfolio with experiential learning and career development
- Increased focus on diversity and inclusion across students, faculty, and staff to develop our people and culture
- A robust online platform that will enhance our existing programs and assist the launch of new offerings
- Strong campus, corporate, and global partnerships that expand our impact and reach
Values and talent intersect at the Wisconsin School of Business. Call it Midwest character! It’s a combination of our Big 10 research university influence, the inspiration of Madison, the quality of our faculty, and the caliber of students we attract. We bring together people with unique capabilities in a supportive environment to face complex business challenges, apply sound business practices, and stir creative imagination to move business forward. And it works.
- Faculty. Recognized for teaching excellence, research contributions, and for evolving leading-edge curriculum and teaching methods.
- Staff. High staff-to-student ratio gives students individualized attention for learning and career support.
- Students. We attract students from around the world who are interested in aligning their values and their education.
- Alumni. Passionate and accessible, our alumni are often recognized for their impactful network and responsiveness. In fact, they rank #4 Best Alumni Effectiveness (Economist, 2021)
- Corporate partners. Recruiters from top global companies recognize the uniquely well-rounded preparation and day-one leadership readiness of our graduates and return to hire Wisconsin talent year after year.
- School leadership. A dedicated team with a singular vision to bring business innovation to students, the community, and the world.
- Advisory boards. Our advisors are top industry leaders who assure our alignment with the key issues facing business today and in the years ahead.
Life in Madison
The beautiful capital city of Madison is a treasure of the Midwest. It is a bustling tech hub with a dynamic downtown nestled on an isthmus between two lakes. Outdoor adventures abound in all four distinctly amazing seasons. Madison is delightfully cosmopolitan—a foodie paradise with a captivating arts culture and plenty of Big 10 sports teams to cheer on. All this with a low cost of living. What’s not to like?
Your Path to Business
The Wisconsin School of Business has a longstanding tradition of academic excellence and a reputation for integrity across a broad portfolio of degree options that build careers.