The expertise of a top-ranked university. The comfort of your own couch.
Gain Knowledge and Make an Immediate Impact
The industry-informed MS in Business: Data, Insights, and Analytics curriculum prepares you to use data to solve business problems and drive business decisions. You will learn to:
- Deliver insights and recommendations for organizations using cutting-edge descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics techniques.
- Manage analytics projects, communicate professionally, and influence data-based changes within an organization.
- Use analytics tools like Python, R, SQL, Tableau, AWS, and Snowflake
Program at a Glance
- Part-time for two years
- 15 classes (30 credits) taken asynchronously
- 100% online using edX’s online learning platform
Coursework & Timeline
Every course is expertly designed and accounts for current trends such as data visualization, robotic process automation, and ethics to ensure you’re prepared for career success. Coursework is asynchronous and takes place entirely online.
- Business Stats Using Python
- SQL Fundamentals
- Data Visualization & Cloud Technologies
- Advanced SQL & DW
- Robotic Process Automation
- Applied Analytics—Case Studies
- Python Fundamentals
- Prescriptive Modeling and Optimization for Business Analytics
- Predictive Modeling for Business Analytics
- Experiments & Casual Methods for Business Insights
- Applied Machine Learning
- Analytics Consulting Project Management
- Text Mining for Business Analytics
- Pitfalls, Ethics, Communication, and Leadership in Business Analytics
- Master’s Capstone in Business Analytics
Learn from World-Class Faculty. Build Your Network.
Reflecting the true cross-foundational nature of data analytics, the program is intentionally designed so that you learn from faculty and instructors across a wide variety of business disciplines, including marketing, operations, and risk management. You’ll make industry connections and gain the skills to reach new career goals.
Director, Master’s in Business Analytics
Professor Baldwin teaches courses in analytics, cloud computing, data warehousing, statistics, and programming. Prior to joining UW–Madison, he was an assistant professor at Brigham Young University–Hawaii, and before entering academia, a senior project manager at HP.
He earned a BS in information systems and operations management from George Mason University and an MBA from Virginia Tech. He is also a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Scrum Master (CSM), and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ICBB).
Hickman-Larson Chair in Actuarial Science, Chair of the Department of Risk and Insurance
Prior to joining UW–Madison, Professor Bauer shared his expertise with students at the University of Alabama and Georgia State University. He earned his master’s degree in statistics from San Diego State University and his PhD in mathematics from Ulm University.
Prof. Bauer’s research interests are at the interface of actuarial science, quantitative finance, and insurance economics.
Connect with us.Get the latest infoGet the latest program info