Explore Courses and Career-Defining Experiences
Earn your 1-year MS in Real Estate and carve out your path as a real estate leader
- 2-semester intensive curriculum
- Emphasis on commercial real estate skills and conceptual knowledge
- Build quantitative + analytical skills
Study real estate markets across the U.S. and around the world through a blend of coursework, case studies, and practical, hands-on applied learning opportunities.
Gain perspective on the full breadth and scope of the real estate process, ranging from finance to urban economics and market analysis. Three tracks allow you to focus your career path.
Leading-Edge Content. Experiential Format.
Hone technical skills to succeed in real estate. Learn negotiation and communication to work confidently with stakeholders. Upon graduation you will join some of the largest and most sophisticated real estate organizations in the United States and internationally.
Benefit from experiential projects
- Evaluating development projects
- Underwriting current real estate loan proposals
- Analyzing live property and equity offering memorandums
Go out in the field, learn from the best
- Site visits
- Guest speakers
- Case competitions
- National and global trip opportunities
- Career path exploration
Real Estate Excel Modeling
Real Estate ARGUS Modeling
Real Estate Finance
Real Estate Law
Techniques of Real Estate Valuation
Commercial Property Development
Students must take 13 credits in electives and can choose from the following:
Residential Property Development
Real Estate Investment Analysis and Presentation
Real Estate Equity Investment
Lawyering the Development Deal: A Practical Guide to Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate Finance
Reading and Research – Urban Land Economics
Financial Statement Analysis
Construction Project Management
Data to Decisions
Ethics, Integrity and Society
Bargaining, Negotiating, and Dispute Settlement for Managers
Property Risk Management
Risk Analysis and Behavioral Science
Land Use Policy and Planning
Choose From 3 Tracks
Select one of three concentrated program tracks to gain depth for the exact real estate career you want to pursue.
Real Estate Core
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to successfully manage the development process.
- Learn about the multiple stages of commercial property development and the stakeholders involved.
- Design your project strategy and decision-making with real estate cycles, municipal objectives, and market realities.
- Determine the financial feasibility of your project by analyzing potential revenues, expenses, and financing costs. This includes an understanding of the property investment and return calculations used to analyze profitability and instruments commonly used to finance commercial real estate assets.
- Analyze how to maximize value in large scale, mixed use projects and prepare professional development proposals.
- Diversify your investment portfolio with commercial property assets through in depth knowledge of the commercial real estate ecosystem as a whole.
The first program of its kind in the country, the Applied Real Estate Investment Track (AREIT) gives a team of real estate students the opportunity to manage a live $1.7 million portfolio of real estate investment trusts (REITs).
An advisory board of REIT industry professionals serves as the client and provides advice and guidance on investment decisions and presentations.
In the program, you will work in a team to:
- Create a view on real estate property sectors through sector reports
- Underwrite, value, and present stock recommendations for the portfolio
- Monitor the portfolio and make adjustments throughout the year
- Create a view of macroeconomy and then update the view as new data becomes available
- Monitor capital markets
Private Equity Track
The Private Equity Track is a unique student/alumni investment board private equity fund.
- Invest outside capital to deliver real returns for investors.
- The student team makes investment recommendations in a variety of private investment funds and learns to structure investments across a range of property types, regions, and investment vehicles.
In the program, you will work in a team to:
- Understand real estate private equity analysis and structures
- Model property income and investment waterfalls
- Construct an investment criteria sheet and generate an investment pipeline
- Vet prospective private placement memoranda
- Present opportunities to the investment committee
- Generate an annual report/pitch book
Get the latest info.Get the latest program info.Connect with us