Build community. Learn about business careers. Gain life skills.
Get an Introduction to Business
Experience what it’s like to study business at the University of Wisconsin–Madison through precollege programs, designed for diverse students who have strong academic records.
Dive into business
Explore business majors and discover business career pathways.
Build a strong community
Participate in workshops and activities alongside other high school students from across the region.
Learn from top faculty
Professional instructors and trained college mentors lead workshops, activities, and discussions.
Develop important life skills
Develop important skills that you can apply in your future professional life.
Gain a competitive advantage
Gain a distinct competitive advantage when applying for college and internship opportunities.
Join us at Grainger Hall
Programs range from one-day workshops to week-long experiences during the summer and throughout the academic year.
Precollege Summer Programs
Join us in June 2024 for the Wisconsin School of Business precollege summer camps. There is no cost to attend.
8 a.m.–4 p.m. in person, daily at Grainger Hall
Participants are in grades nine or 10, students must be in grades eight or nine at the time of registration
- Learn about the undergraduate programs offered at the Wisconsin School of Business.
- Develop your communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills through a fun, entrepreneurial challenge.
- Meet professors and staff from WSB departments.
- Participate in hands-on activities that promote community building, personal development, and career exploration.
*Sign up for one camp session. A camp session may be canceled if we experience low enrollment.
Junior Business Badgers
8 a.m.–4 p.m. in person, daily at Grainger Hall, possible offsite travel for job-shadow experiences
Participants are in grades 11 or 12, students must be in grades 10 or 11 at the time of registration
- Explore different business career pathways and your identity through a personal essay workshop.
- Participate in career networking events including field trips to local businesses.
- Learn about career development services offered at the Wisconsin School of Business.
- See how 95% of our undergraduate students receive a job offer within six months of graduation.
Precollege Program Registration Requirements
The WSB precollege program is open to all who are interested in learning about business. We will give priority to those who are:
- a first-generation college student (the first person in the family to attend college) and/or
- a low-income student (defined as someone who receives free or reduced lunch).
If you do not meet those preferences, we still encourage you to register. Participants will be waitlisted and notified of availability closer to the event day.
Applicants must commit to participating in the entire program week.
Registration is limited and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will close when the programs reach enrollment capacity.
Join us to learn about and participate in upcoming Wisconsin School of Business Precollege programming.
Business Emerging Leaders (BEL)
The BEL Scholarship Program is a competitive merit-based scholarship program for diverse students who have strong academic records, leadership skills, and are enrolled in the Wisconsin School of Business undergraduate program.