Transfer Student Admissions
Transferring From a University of Wisconsin System or the Wisconsin Technical College System School?
You may transfer directly to the Wisconsin School of Business undergraduate program. Eligible applicants must follow the application requirements and deadlines for both the School of Business and Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Complete the transfer application to UW–Madison
Do this for the fall term only. Applying to UW–Madison does not automatically create an application for business.
Separately, complete the pre-business application for the School of Business
Complete your app in early March preceding the intended fall enrollment term.
Make sure you qualify
Applicants are strongly recommended to review all undergraduate admissions policies for requirements, credit eligibility limits, and maximum application attempts.
The four prerequisite courses in communications, quantitative reasoning, economics, and human behavior must be completed or in the process of completion at the time of application for the Wisconsin undergraduate business program. Any of these in-progress courses must be completed by the end of the application term and cannot be deferred to a later term.
Enrolled at a Private College or a School Outside of Wisconsin? Applying Outside of Fall Term?
You must first enroll at UW–Madison and complete a minimum of 12 in-residence credits before applying to the School of Business via the pre-business application (these credits can be in-progress during the spring term).
Admitted transfer students can complete the four prerequisite courses in communications, quantitative reasoning, economics, and human behavior prior to transferring. Any unfulfilled courses must be completed at UW–Madison once enrolled.
Make sure you qualify
Applicants are strongly recommended to review the School of Business undergraduate admissions policies for requirements, credit eligibility limits, and maximum application attempts.
Ready to Apply to the School of Business?
Transferring to the Wisconsin School of Business undergraduate program consists of four parts:
- Online pre-business application: The 2024 pre-business application will open March 6, 2024 at 8:00 am CT and close March 20, 2024 at 4:00 pm CT. This will be for Fall 2024 enrollment consideration.
- Academic record: The minimum GPA to apply is 3.0 at the time of application and conclusion of the spring term. For additional details on GPA calculation and prerequisites, visit the undergraduate admissions policies page.
- Résumé: Check out our résumé resource guide (PDF) for help.
- Essay: View our essay preparation tips (PDF).
- Pre-Business 101: Attend the Pre-Business 101 workshop in the intended application year.
Meet With an Advisor
The Wisconsin School of Business undergraduate program offers one-on-one advising for prospective transfer students. We’re available to help you prepare for admission and determine if the Wisconsin School of Business is the best fit for you.
- Prospective transfer students can schedule an appointment with an advisor by emailing email@example.com.
- Transfer students that have already enrolled with UW–Madison can schedule a 30 minute appointment with a pre-business advisor through Starfish.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
The Wisconsin School of Business provides nearly $1 million in scholarship support to admitted and newly enrolled undergraduate students each year. To be considered for scholarships from the School of Business, a WiSH application is required and FAFSA strongly recommended to be considered for most awards.