MS in Finance, Investment, and Banking
Prepare for a career in company valuation, securities, and investment portfolio management. Earn your MS-Business in Finance, Investment, and Banking degree at the Wisconsin School of Business.
Begin Your High-impact Career in the Investment Industry
Grow job-ready skills
Gain theoretical knowledge, analytical skills, and real-world insights to confidently launch your career in finance.
Manage a real portfolio
Manage more than $20 million in equities and fixed income assets as a part of a student team.
UW’s renowned expertise
Learn from the experts at the School’s industry-focused knowledge center—the Stephen L. Hawk Center for Investment Analysis.
- First year of program: senior undergraduate year
- Second year of program: fifth graduate year
- Open to all UW–Madison undergraduate students.
- Emphasis on experiential learning
- Connections to industry professionals
- 700 program alumni & 45,000+ business school alumni
- Leading-edge curriculum
- Personalized career coaching
- Mentorship and advisory board
Results That Launch Careers–2021 Employment Outcomes
Prepare for the real world of investments
- Manage real money held in an equity or fixed income portfolio.
- Make presentations to a panel of professionals
- Gain an insider’s view of the investment industry from guest lecturers and on-site visits.
Alumni and corporate partner involvement
Alumni make presentations in classes, serve on our advisory boards, and provide internship and employment opportunities.
Many alumni have founded their own asset management firms or work in top investment firms.
Individualized education gives you an edge
The Center staff help you meet your career goals by providing industry-specific career advising. They also facilitate connections with potential employers in the geographic region you prefer.
Leading investment research firms and other industry partners contact Hawk Center staff to recruit students every year.
CFA Institute University Affiliation Program School
The Wisconsin School of Business is a participant in the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, which ensures that our curriculum is closely tied to professional practice and is helpful to students preparing for CFA Program exams.
Connect With Us
Want to learn more about the MS in Finance, Investment, and Banking program? We’re here to help!