Start on Your Path to an MS in Business Analytics Degree
Selecting the right master’s program for your career goals is important. Our admissions team is here to help you at every stage, from inquiry to application. Schedule a phone or video consultation with one of our team members to get started.
Application Deadlines for Summer 2023
November 1, 2022
February 1, 2023
March 15, 2023
May 1, 2023
We offer multiple deadlines to apply. Apply for the deadline that best works for you. If you submit between deadlines, we will review your completed application after the next deadline. If admitted, your enrollment deposit date will be communicated to you in your online admission letter.
Tuition & Fees
The following costs apply to the 2022-2023 academic year.
Estimated expenses for books, supplies, room and board are provided separately by the University of Wisconsin–Madison Office of Student Financial Aid.
|Cost Per Credit||Total Tuition||Segregated Fees*|
Tuition rates vary from year to year, and are determined by the University of Wisconsin System Board of Regents, based on budgets approved by the Wisconsin governor and legislature. Tuition is reviewed and set annually in August. For more information about tuition rates, please visit the Bursar’s Office website.
Segregated fees are charges, in addition to tuition, assessed to all students for student services, activities, programs, and facilities that support the mission of University of Wisconsin System institutions, including UW–Madison. The segregated fee rate is updated each summer.
*As the MS in Business Analytics has a summer start, summer segregated fees are a prorated version of the full semester fees.
Due to the structure and rigor of the program, as well as significant cocurricular, experiential learning, and career development opportunities, students are not allowed to accept any teaching, research, or project assistantship positions, or university appointments that grant waivers of tuition or academic fees while enrolled in the program.
What You’ll Need for Your Application
- Why have you selected the MS in Business Analytics? What actions have you taken to better understand your intended career focus?
- What are your career goals immediately following the completion of your degree? What is your alternative plan should these career goals not materialize?
Please use this optional essay to communicate additional information about yourself that is not otherwise represented in the application, and that you feel would benefit the admissions committee.
Include past work experience, educational accomplishments, demonstrations of leadership, and ways in which you have grown professionally.
Your past academic history—particularly your four-year degree—indicates to us your ability to succeed in a structured study program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved (accredited) institution is required.
- International applicants are required to have the equivalent of a four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree. View the minimum degree equivalents for different countries. You may wish to have your transcript evaluated by World Education Services (WES) to ensure you meet the four-year U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency requirements.
- You can submit your application with unofficial transcripts; certified copies of transcripts from your degree institution are required once admitted.
- The preferred method to receive official transcripts is electronically from your institution. Please access the Parchment website or contact your institution to make this request and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts may also be mailed directly from your undergraduate institution in a sealed and stamped envelope sent to:
Wisconsin MBA Program Office
Wisconsin School of Business
2450 Grainger Hall
975 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706
Official transcripts must be received on or before August 1.
- $75 for both domestic and international students (additional $6 processing fee for international students).
- Fee waivers available if active duty in the U.S. military within three years of applying.
- Payment by credit or debit card through the online application system; receipt required to learn of the admissions decision.
Completing a one-way, virtual interview is required. Applicants will receive an invitation to complete the one-way interview within a week of submitting and completing their application. The interview consists of 5 questions and applicants will have two minutes to answer each question. Be prepared to answer behavioral interview questions and discuss your experience and interest in the MSBA program.
The Admissions team will not begin to review an application until the interview requirement is complete.
The GMAT and GRE are optional for candidates who earned an accredited US undergraduate. You can apply for the test waiver by completing the waiver request form.
Candidates who are below a 3.0 GPA are strongly encouraged to take either the GMAT or GRE to show the admissions committee they have the academic ability to handle the rigors of the Master’s program.
- A TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score is required for international students. The requirement can be waived if you have an undergraduate or master’s degree that was taught in English.
You may submit a letter of recommendation as part of your application; however, it is not required. Select a recommender who is qualified to evaluate your potential for leadership or management. They should have a strong understanding of your abilities and be familiar with solid examples of your accomplishments. This individual may be a current or past supervisor or manager, a client or vendor, or a representative of a volunteer or community organization in which you are involved.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Applicants whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate instruction was in a language other than English must achieve a score of 100 or higher on the Internet-based TOEFL (or score of 600 on the paper-based TOEFL) within two years of the intended start. Waivers are available if your four-year undergraduate degree and/or master’s degree was in English or you worked in an English-only speaking company for at least 2 years. Please direct the Educational Testing Service to forward your test results to the University of Wisconsin–Madison (institution code: 1846)
Results of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or PTE (Pearson Test of English, institution code: NML-ZH-25) will also be accepted. An IELTS minimum score of 7.5 or higher, or a PTE internet-based score of 73 or higher or paper-based score of 80 or higher, is required.
An international applicant whose four-year undergraduate degree and/or master’s degree (minimum of eight semesters total) instruction was in English, or who will complete such a degree prior to matriculation at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, may request a waiver. To request a waiver for the language test requirement, please select the TOEFL test type in your online application and select “Request a Waiver” for the English proficiency test. We will confirm that English is the language used at the academic institution where your degree was conferred.
Evidence of adequate financial resources for the anticipated duration of the program is required by the federal government for visa documentation upon admission to the Wisconsin MBA Program. It is not required as part of the Wisconsin MBA application.
Additional Details About Costs
As a UW–Madison student, you have the option to purchase health insurance through University Health Services. There are plans for students only, student plus one, and student plus family. International students are required to purchase health insurance through the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). Other options for U.S. citizens and permanent residents would be through the health insurance marketplace. Costs vary based on plan.
The UW Student Job Center lists part-time, limited-term employment (LTE), and summer job openings at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and in the private and public sectors. Many students work part time to help offset the costs of their graduate education.
Connect with us.Get the latest infoGet the latest program info