Located prominently in the very center of the UW–Madison campus, Grainger Hall is home base for the Wisconsin School of Business.
Inspired Learning Resources
This student-friendly learning and gathering space is one of the most visually appealing and technologically advanced business school facilities in the country—and a favorite study location for students from many campus disciplines.
Three high-tech auditoriums equipped with multimedia and broadcast capabilities
30 classrooms, including two reconfigurable collaborative learning classrooms
Fully equipped study rooms for group study and project work
A full-service café
A courtyard for outdoor breaks
State-of-the-Art Learning Commons
The bright, contemporary, 35,000-square-foot Learning Commons is the physical center and dynamic heartbeat of the Wisconsin School of Business. The space occupies three floors in Grainger Hall. Its vibrant, “human-centered” architectural design reimagines business education, providing cutting-edge learning and study spaces loaded with supportive technology. The space is designed to inspire students, faculty, and corporate business partners as they collaborate with an eye to shaping the future of business.
Huber Undergraduate Computing Lab
Flexible resources serve a wide range of options for instruction, study, or research.
- Generous work spaces
- Latest hardware and institutional software
- Convenient onsite printing
- Extensive power access
- Projection features
Finance and Analytics Lab
This technology-rich space offers the high-caliber resources students will use in the workplace.
- Real-time market data via Bloomberg Terminal
- Capital IQ, and other essential institutional business software
- Recessing computer monitors for full-view interaction
- Wireless connectivity to wall-mounted monitors
- High-end web conferencing and audio equipment
Active Learning Classrooms
State-of-the-art “active-learning classrooms” offer flexibility to take learning to new levels.
- Configurable furniture and ample computer and display capability
- Spacious, informal seating for study, relaxation between classes, or meeting with instructors
The third floor of the Learning Commons, accessible from the second floor, is a welcome haven for students to review notes, complete assignments or catch up on assigned reading.
- Eight breakout rooms for small group study
- A diverse mix of seating and microenvironments, noise-reduction features, and conducive lighting options to reduce eye-strain
- Ubiquitous power options for using personal computer devices
Capital Café and Peet’s Coffee
For students, faculty, and staff:
|Sunday:||12:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.|
|Monday:||7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday:||7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday:||7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Thursday:||7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Friday:||7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday:||7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.|
Monday–Friday: 7 a.m.–7 p.m.
(Made-to-order items available from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.)
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Only coffee, grab-n-go and flatbread pizza available.
Monday–Friday: 7:45 a.m.–2 p.m
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
|Sunday:||12:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.|
|Monday:||8:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m.|
|Tuesday:||8:00 a.m.-12:00 a.m.|
|Wednesday:||7:30 a.m.-12:00 a.m.|
|Thursday:||8:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.|
|Friday:||8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.|
|Saturday:||1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.|
*Learning Commons Traffic will need to enter through the Learning Commons entrance located on University Ave after Building Hours*
The hours of operation throughout different areas of the Learning Commons are tailored to meet student and faculty needs, accommodate classroom schedules, and deliver a positive, supportive learning experience.
- Business Library
- Finance and Analytics Lab
- Huber Undergraduate Computing Lab
- Active Learning Classrooms