Located prominently in the very center of the UW–Madison campus, Grainger Hall is home base for the Wisconsin School of Business.
Inspired Learning Resources
This student-friendly learning and gathering space is one of the most visually appealing and technologically advanced business school facilities in the country—and a favorite study location for students from many campus disciplines.
Three high-tech auditoriums equipped with multimedia and broadcast capabilities
30 classrooms, including two reconfigurable collaborative learning classrooms
Fully equipped study rooms for group study and project work
A full-service café
A courtyard for outdoor breaks
State-of-the-Art Learning Commons
The bright, contemporary, 35,000-square-foot Learning Commons is the physical center and dynamic heartbeat of the Wisconsin School of Business. Its vibrant, “human-centered” architectural design reimagines business education, providing cutting-edge learning and study spaces loaded with supportive technology.
Huber Undergraduate Computing Lab
Flexible resources serve a wide range of options for instruction, study, or research.
- Generous work spaces
- Latest hardware and institutional software
- Convenient onsite printing
- Extensive power access
- Projection features
Finance and Analytics Lab
This technology-rich space offers the high-caliber resources students will use in the workplace.
- Real-time market data via Bloomberg Terminal
- Capital IQ, and other essential institutional business software
- Recessing computer monitors for full-view interaction
- Wireless connectivity to wall-mounted monitors
- High-end web conferencing and audio equipment
Active Learning Classrooms
State-of-the-art “active-learning classrooms” offer flexibility to take learning to new levels.
- Configurable furniture and ample computer and display capability
- Spacious, informal seating for study, relaxation between classes, or meeting with instructors
- Service desk for assistance with Business Library information resources
The third floor of the Learning Commons is a welcome haven for students to review notes, complete assignments or catch up on assigned reading.
- Eight breakout rooms for small group study
- A diverse mix of seating and microenvironments, noise-reduction features, and conducive lighting options to reduce eye-strain
- Ubiquitous power options for personal devices
- 25,000-volume print collection
For students, faculty, and staff*:
|Sunday:||12:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.|
|Monday:||7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday:||7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday:||7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Thursday:||7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.|
|Friday:||7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday:||7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.|
*Hours may vary during Winter/Summer breaks. See Facilities Services for more information.