Develop Critical Skills Used in the Consulting Field
Project Management + Business Communication
- Take your business ideas and put them into action.
- Think critically to improve business processes
- Convert information into business decisions.
- Develop communication skills consultants use when interacting and presenting to clients
Strategic Thinking + Advanced Analytics
- Benefit from a curriculum steeped in creativity and innovation.
- Seek answers to questions in order to define the problem.
- Case-based learning allows you to apply your skills to business situations.
- Customize your certificate after taking two required courses, then select courses from a range of case analysis, analytical thinking, or electives to meet your interests and goals.
13 total credits
3 required courses
(Case Interview Analysis, Project Management, and Management Consulting/Strategic Management)
1 required analytical thinking course (3 credits)
Choose 3 additional credits in case analysis, analytical thinking, or elective course
- 24 Credits in residence (12 credits for transfer students)
- Currently enrolled at UW–Madison
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Attend information session
- Meet all declaration requirements
- Attend required information session
- Available both during the fall and spring semesters
- Info sessions will provide Information about certificate coursework, course planning, and advising/career resources
- Application is open fall and spring semester
- Deadline to declare certificate:
- Fall: October 1
- Spring: March 1
If you have questions about undergraduate certificates, email the School of Business undergraduate advising center at email@example.com or call 608-262-0471.
Meet the Consulting Team
Use Starfish to make an appointment with your career coach.