Develop Critical Skills Used in the Consulting Field
Project Management + Business Communication
- Take your business ideas and put them into action.
- Think critically to improve business processes
- Convert information into business decisions.
- Develop communication skills consultants use when interacting and presenting to clients
Strategic Thinking + Advanced Analytics
- Benefit from a curriculum steeped in creativity and innovation.
- Seek answers to questions in order to define the problem.
- Case-based learning allows you to apply your skills to business situations.
- Customize your certificate after taking two required courses, then select courses from a range of case analysis, analytical thinking, or electives to meet your interests and goals.
13 total credits
3 required courses
(Case Interview Analysis, Project Management, and Management Consulting/Strategic Management)
1 required analytical thinking course (3 credits)
Choose 3 additional credits in case analysis, analytical thinking, or elective course
- 24 Credits in residence (12 credits for transfer students)
- Currently enrolled at UW–Madison
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Attend information session
- Meet all declaration requirements
- Attend required information session
- Available both during the fall and spring semesters
- Info sessions will provide Information about certificate coursework, course planning, and advising/career resources
- Application is open fall and spring semester
- Deadline to declare certificate:
- Fall: October 1
- Spring: March 1
Meet the Consulting Team
Use Starfish to make an appointment with your career coach.
Faculty Associate, Pathway Consultant
If you have questions about undergraduate certificates, email the School of Business undergraduate advising center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-262-0471.