High staff-to-student ratio means you get unlimited support—and exceptional connections—as you step into your ideal career.
Results That Launch Careers
MBA Class of 2022
Top Recruiting Companies
Exceptional Career-Readiness To Take On Your Dreams
- Work with trained career coaches and advising experts
- Focus your career path based on your interests, aspirations, and values
- Gain proven job search skills to match with the companies where you want to work
- Connect with alumni and industry leaders in your field
Small Class Size Advantage
- Benefit from abundant, customized, one-on-one support
- Get noticed, fit in. Faculty, staff, and advisors know you by name
- Learn to thrive in teams
- Work and learn with collaborative classmates
Immediate Industry and Alumni Connections
The Right Career Support at the Right Time
Get a running start on your career before you arrive on campus.
- Work with your career coach
- Learn about personal branding
- Assess strengths, preferences, and work style
- Update and enhance your résumé
The weeklong orientation helps you start strong, day one.
- Participate in exercises and discussions
- Explore successful networking
- Participate in activities with your chosen specialization
Prepare for success in a summer internship to experience your chosen field firsthand and build your network. Many internships lead to full-time offers.
Work with your career coach on a career vision.
- Engage in mock interviews
- Prepare for case-based interviews
- Participate in career workshops
- Sharpen your LinkedIn profile
- Connect with employers through on-campus recruiting
- Attend career fairs
- Network with help from the career management team and your career specialization
If you receive a job offer during your summer internship, we help you evaluate the offer, negotiate salary, and more. If you have not locked in full-time employment, we’ll work with you on job-search strategies and connect you with hiring employers and alumni.
- Explore targeted industries and companies
- Research companies in depth
- Develop and implement a job-search plan
- Attend national career fairs, accompanied by Wisconsin MBA career coaches
- Evaluate job offers
- Learn how to negotiate compensation packages
- Network with alumni and other industry professionals with help from the career management team and your career specialization
Ignite Career Accelerator: Gain Essential Leadership Skills
Develop essential, in-demand leadership skills as an individual, as part of a team, and as a manager through specially designed courses, experiential learning, and workshops. Get on a fast track to the UW–Madison Leadership Certificate.
Ignite 3-day immersion during MBA orientation.
Explore how to lead with skill and confidence.
- Cultural competence training
- MBAs With a Heart: community service project
- Becoming an MBA—Career Management Foundations
- Emotional intelligence training
- Workplace and networking etiquette
Ignite leadership week and case challenges
Teams develop and pitch solutions to real-life challenges for actual companies and organizations. Read about past case challenges:
- Spring leadership symposium on Social Impact, Sustainability, and Corporate Responsibility
- Fall case competition paired students with Dane County startup businesses to
address some of their most pressing challenges
- Leadership Week case competition helped a Madison startup company
Workshops and seminars
A wide variety of activities, events, and opportunities assures well-rounded exposure to leadership concepts and business executives and change-makers.
- Discover your strengths: CliftonStrengths© Workshop
- Leadership class
- Speaker series
- MBA Consulting Practicum
- TED© Talk discussions
Recruiters Seek Wisconsin MBA Graduates
The Career Team: Focused on You
Career Management Team
You will work with a skilled team of career coaches to develop and accomplish your individual career goals. Our personalized approach and small class size mean you benefit from one-on-one support, from career coaching, personal branding, and resume support, to interview preparation, and job offer evaluation and negotiation.
Employer Relations Team
The experienced employer relations team connects you with companies and industries where you want to work. We partner with leading companies from across the nation and around the globe that recruit and hire our students, year after year.
Connect with us.Get the latest infoGet the latest program info