Study Abroad Advising
Start Your Study Abroad Journey
Watch the videos below to establish your baseline knowledge about study abroad at UW–Madison. “Study Abroad – Wisconsin School of Business” highlights what Business Badgers need to know to prepare and apply.
Students are encouraged to watch these videos before scheduling an appointment with a professional study abroad advisor.
Meet with Us
Prospective students (pre-application)
If you have not applied to a program or you have not been accepted onto a program, you are a prospective student.
- Drop-in advising is M/W/F: 10:00am-1:00pm and T/Th: 1:00-4:00pm, in 3295 Grainger Hall
- Attend a Business Badgers Study Abroad info session. These sessions go over studying abroad through the Wisconsin School of Business and answer your questions. View events and register.
- Prospective students must attend drop-in advising or a Business Badgers Study Abroad info session before scheduling an advising appointment in Starfish.
Accepted students (post-application)
If you have applied and been accepted onto a program, you are an accepted student.
- Appointments are scheduled through Starfish.
- Schedule your appointment with your Study Abroad Advisor (SAA). Your SAA is listed on the “Contacts” tab of your program page and in your MyStudyAbroad portal.
- Come prepared: have questions ready, review the content on this Advising page and emails you have received for your study abroad program.