The Wisconsin Business Alumni (WBA) Board welcomes seven new members to the group for the 2022-2023 academic year. New leadership is also on tap for the board, with chair Matthew Teichner (BBA ’09) and vice-chair Amy Jo Pedone (BBA ’96) each beginning one-year terms in these roles.
With over 30 members from a variety of professional backgrounds and geographic locations, the WBA Board works to build and enhance the relationship between the alumni community and the Wisconsin School of Business. Board members provide critical perspectives on a variety of topics and initiatives, and also play a key role in advancing WSB’s strategic priorities.
“The WBA Board creates an opportunity for one of WSB’s most valuable resources—our alumni network—to become more involved and connected with the University of Wisconsin,” says Teichner. “Board members get to learn about the latest and greatest developments occurring at WSB, which are always ahead of the curve. The board also allows our dedicated alumni to provide feedback, for the betterment of our students, based on our real-life experiences and observations from the business world.”
Recent accomplishments of the WBA Board include:
- Helped with redesign of Update magazine
- Shared feedback on the redesign of the Executive MBA with program leadership
- Contributed to advancements in employer relations and applied learning projects for students
- Worked with Wisconsin Alumni Association to better connect WSB with regional alumni chapters
- Participated in peer-to-peer fundraising for Day of the Badger and secured nearly 50 gifts through outreach in the past two years
Board members serve four-year terms, requiring two in-person meetings and two conference calls per year. Many board members also take part in both virtual and in-person events to further connect with other Business Badgers.
Alumni interested in serving on the board must fill out an application to be considered. Seats on the board are volunteer positions and many alumni say they’re happy to have the opportunity to give back.
“Attending the Wisconsin School of Business was one of the most formative experiences of my life,” says new board member Fay Shong (BBA ’84). “I wanted to give back to the school that left an indelible impression on me and do what I can to help inspire other UW business students to pursue their dreams. I look forward to creating new relationships with UW students, faculty, and other alumni in pursuit of supporting the business school’s mission and goals.”
The seven new board members include:
- Thomas Chadwick (BBA ’11), Principal at Pritzker Private Capital
- Amy Fensch (BBA ’95), Senior Manager at HP Inc.
- Nick Kubsch (BBA ’15, MAcc ’16), Advisory Manager at Deloitte
- Richard (Joe) Long (BBA ’08), Chief of Staff/VP of Strategy at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement
- Katie Lorenz (BBA ’12), Founder of Campo Alpaca and Management Consultant at Accenture
- Luke Rundel (BBA ’10), Head of Strategic Planning at NVIDIA
- Fay Shong (BBA ’84), Partner at McKinsey
View the full roster of the 2022-23 Wisconsin Business Alumni Board.