The UW-Madison Robert M. La Follette School of Public Affairs is now accepting applications for our 2023 accelerated student cohort! Only current UW-Madison undergraduate students are eligible for this opportunity. If you are interested in earning an Accelerated Master of Public Affairs or Master of International Public Affairs degree, now is the time to apply. Applications have a strict deadline of January 1, 2023. Current UW-Madison undergraduate students who are interested in applying to the Accelerated Program should have one year of undergraduate studies to complete at the time of application and a 3.6 cumulative GPA. Please note, students who plan to complete their undergraduate degree in 3 years are not eligible to apply to the accelerated program; they should instead apply to the 2-year Master of Public Affairs or Master of International Public Affairs program.
Accelerated Program Admissions requirements include:
- Accelerated degree program application
- Personal statement indicating your interest and related experience in public affairs and policy.
- Two letters of recommendation requested from faculty who know you as a student in
their courses. They should submit letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An unofficial UW-Madison transcript so we can review your cumulative GPA and identify
prerequisite courses for the Accelerated MPA or MIPA program, respectively
Learn more about the La Follette School of Public Affairs:
• Attend one of the four Prospective Graduate Information Sessions offered monthly this fall
• Read about and reach out to our student and alumni contacts
• Review our online informational folder
• Visit our La Follette School Prospective Students Canvas site
• Schedule an individual appointment by completing our Prospective Student Questionnaire
• Ask questions by emailing email@example.com
We look forward to working with you!