The Advertising Research Foundation Workforce Initiative for Diversity and Excellence (ARF WIDE) is awarding $2,500 each to five UW Students for this Spring Semester! And they’re creating a nation-wide cohort of scholars who are seeking opportunities and experiences in the fields of advertising, marketing, media and marketing research, and data analytics. Scholars will gain access to ARF events, seminars, and educational resources.
The ARF Workforce Initiative for Diversity and Excellence was created to encourage college students from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete their schooling and pursue careers in Advertising/Marketing/Data Analytics disciplines, thereby improving the quality and diversity of the future workforce available to these industries.
Criteria for the Scholarship includes that the student is:
- Currently enrolled in full-time program leading to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Maintaining at least a 3.0 average in coursework.
- Interested in potentially working in the fields of advertising, marketing, media, media research, market research, consumer insights, data analytics and/or similar.
- From a disadvantaged background as defined by ARF Charitable Foundation, the markers of which may include:
- Low-income family
- Racial minority
- From a poor, low-mobility urban, suburban or rural area
- First-generation to attend college
- Qualifies for financial aid through programs like Pell Grants
- Recent transfer to 4-year institution from a community college
- Financially impacted by COVID-19
- Agreeing to complete, at the end of each academic year, a letter describing how the scholarship funds and the contacts with ARF have affected their academic experience and/or their future plans.
All Students who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply, regardless of major.
This is a renewable scholarship! Scholars chosen for Spring 2021, who continue to meet the criteria and are full-time students in good standing are eligible to have their scholarship renewed for the 2021-2022 school year. Because of this, priority may go to students who are in Junior Standing, though students of all academic levels are encouraged to apply.
|How to Apply – Application Deadline November 29, 2020|
Apply to the ARF WIDE Scholarship through WiSH. Full details on the application requirements are in WiSH but all you have to do is submit a resume and a short essay essentially explaining why you’re applying for the scholarship and how it will help you meet your goals (Full details in WiSH). Then answer two multiple choice questions. That’s it!
Questions about the scholarship can be directed to Kristin Branch or Christine Harrington.
Learn more about the Advertising Research Foundation: https://thearf.org/ , the Workforce Initiative for Diversity and Excellence: https://thearf.org/about-arf/wide/ (brochure also attached), or general information about scholarships at UW-Madison: https://financialaid.wisc.edu/types-of-aid/scholarships/