Can you envision yourself building companies? Do you want to learn from experienced entrepreneurs who have achieved success? Interested in cutting-edge risk management and health & wellness technologies? Consider taking the Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) Course (MHR 365/765).
In the CDL Course, students will receive mentoring, work with high potential ventures and experience how investment decisions are made. The CDL Course is a unique combination of traditional classes and student team projects with some of the top early stage ventures in risk management and in health & wellness, in partnership with CDL-Wisconsin.
The class is designed to be particularly appropriate for those seeking to:
• Become a growth entrepreneur
• Work in a start-up company focused on business development or implementation
• Have a career as an early-stage investment professional
• Work in the new product development or innovation group at a firm
• Work in the Risk or Health/Wellness industries.
• Work closely with high potential startups from across the nation and the globe
• Ability to observe startup investor decision making process
• Ability to apply skills/knowledge in actual business setting
• Mentoring from industry and startup experts.
Students enroll for 3 credits over two semesters (1 credit in the Fall and 2 credits in the spring) with additional time spent meeting with clients. The fall course will meet Wednesdays from 4:00-5:15. The CDL course is open to Jr, Sr, Grad and Professional students from all majors. Consent of instructor is required for this course.
Interested students can learn more from the CDL-Wisconsin Course FAQ. Students must complete a short application, including submitting a resume, to be considered for enrollment. The application can be found at this link. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Because enrollment is capped, interested students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, and no later than August 15, 2022 or until the course is full.