Join the Rec Well team as we move Badgers to play hard, get fit, and live well.
Are you interested in supporting your peers on campus? We are hiring the next cohort of peer wellness coaches at Rec Well. These coaches will start fall of 2022 semester.
Peer Wellness Coaches at Rec Well:
- Lead group and one-on-one wellness coaching meetings at locations across campus
- Are trained to become Certified Peer Educators through NASPA
- Build skills in Motivational Interviewing and other wellness coaching practices that will help prepare them for health professional programs, health professions, and beyond
- Develop professional relationships with coworkers and participants
- Learn to refer student participants to UHS and other campus and community partners when appropriate
- Learn from campus partners about a variety of topics related to wellbeing and prevention on and off-campus
- Practice mindfulness regularly while learning the value of regular mindfulness practice in wellness coaching work
- Contribute to the fulfillment of the Rec Well mission, vision, and values
- Attend regular team check-in meetings
- Gain career and leadership skills
- Understand and abide by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Give feedback to help improve the program for UW-Madison students
No experience as a wellness coach is required, but interest in health promotion is a must.
Head on over to UW Student Jobs to apply, application closes April 1, 2022.