From the time you arrive on campus, the Real Estate Club can help you connect with a friendly and knowledgeable network of students, faculty, and alumni who are deeply engaged in real estate. The Club was established at UW-Madison in the late 1970’s and has grown to be one of the largest student-run organizations on campus. Open to both graduate and undergraduate students, monthly meetings always include a well-attended, fun networking reception, followed by presentations from real estate industry leaders on topics including the debt markets, development, REITs, green building, and institutional trends.
- Spring 2020 Real Estate Club Career Fair: February 10
- Spring Semester 2020 Real Estate Club Meetings: February 6, March 5, April 2, and April 30
Other Real Estate Club benefits include
- Field Trips: The Real Estate Club takes two national trips each year which includes site tours of key developments, meetings with professionals, networking dinners, and a variety of other opportunities to learn from industry leaders. Local alumni are always on hand and ultimately make it all possible. Past excursions include Los Angeles, Boston, Washington, DC, Phoenix, New York City, and Denver.
- Fall and Spring Career Fairs: The Real Estate Club hosts Career Fairs in both the fall and the spring. With over 40 employers from every sector of the real estate industry, from asset management and brokerage, to development and lending, students have the opportunity to explore internships and full-time jobs through company representatives.
- Distinguished Industry Speakers: At meetings and events, you’ll learn about the many facets of the real estate industry and get career advice from industry professionals. A recent panel included a discussion of how to prepare for the career fair by making a great first impression to employers, and researching one’s preferred companies beforehand to show interest to employers. The Real Estate Club also partners with the Graaskamp Center to present the Walker & Dunlop Innovator Award to inspirational leaders within the industry who embody the Wisconsin Idea in Real Estate.
- Connect and Forge a Lifelong Network: You’ll connect with other students who are passionate about real estate and experience field trips and other activities together. Real Estate Club meetings and events include networking for connecting with other students and forging a lifelong network of Real Estate Badgers.
- Mentor Program and Leadership Opportunities: The Real Estate Club offers the students to run for leadership roles within the organization and offers a mentor program where students are matched with alumni who can offer advice and share their experience in the industry.