New dean, new degrees, a new undergraduate career studio—these are just a few of the reasons why 2019 was a banner year for the Wisconsin School of Business. Here’s a look at some of our top stories of the year based on readership.
- Vallabh Sambamurthy Begins WSB Deanship with Eye Toward Opportunity
Vallabh “Samba” Sambamurthy becomes the next Albert O. Nicholas Dean at the Wisconsin School of Business, bringing expertise on how businesses compete in today’s digital economy.
- Wisconsin Leads the Way in STEM in Business Education
Home to the nation’s first STEM-based MBA and two STEM-designated master’s degrees, WSB is integrating science, technology, and data analysis into an increasing number of courses and learning experiences.
- WSB Hosts Milwaukee Bucks’ Seth Partnow for Cross-Disciplinary Learning Experience
Seth Partnow, director of basketball research with the Milwaukee Bucks, shares how the team uses data analytics for better decision-making and outcomes, and leads WSB students in a hands-on sports metrics workshop.
- Top 40 Hits, Health Care, and New York City Banks: Summer Internships
Five WSB students share where they went and what they learned during their professional summer internships.
- Annual Awards Honor WSB Faculty and Staff for Excellence in Teaching, Research, Innovation, and Service
WSB honors standout faculty and staff in this annual spring awards ceremony.
- Making a Difference: Wisconsin MBA Students Help Nonprofit Improve Its Supply Chain
Two Wisconsin MBA students tackle a real-world business problem for a good cause: improving the supply chain practices of Porchlight Products.
- New Career Engagement Studio Positions WSB Undergraduates for Success
The Career Engagement Studio opens in Grainger Hall, a central hub for career education, professional development, and network-based learning for undergraduate business students.
- New A.C. Nielsen Center Name Reflects Past Growth, Future Plans
The A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Research becomes the A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Analytics and Insights, a move in step with the School’s greater curricular emphasis on applying data analysis and integrating insights.
- WSB’s Jon Eckhardt Named Discovery Fellow at WID
John Eckhardt, associate professor of management and human resources, is named a Discovery Fellow at the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery.
- Reimagining Rural Spaces: WSB Students Design Affordable Housing in UniverCity Alliance
WSB real estate students help make a difference through affordable housing and redevelopment projects in rural Green and Dane counties.
- New Degrees, New Vision: Q&A About WSB’s New Master of Science Degrees
WSB’s Kristin Branch, Jake Dean, and Mark Eppli share their perspectives on the School’s three new Master of Science degrees.
- Wisconsin Students Win Top Prize at Study Abroad Film Festival
A film by two BBA students chronicling the ups and downs of their study abroad experience in France takes the top prize at the International Education of Students (IES) Abroad 2019 Film Festival.