Each spring, the Wisconsin School of Business recognizes faculty and staff for outstanding achievement in the areas of teaching, research, innovation, and service. The annual awards ceremony also commemorates faculty and staff for milestone years of service and honors those retiring in the current year.
Here is a full list of the 2019 awardees:
Faculty Research Awards
WSB presents two Erwin A. Gaumnitz Research Awards each year, one to a junior faculty member and one to a faculty member of any rank. The Gaumnitz awards recognize noteworthy achievement in an area of research and are peer-nominated based on the research caliber, significance, and productivity.
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Junior Faculty Research Award: Kevin Chung, assistant professor of marketing
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Research Award: Charlie Trevor, chair, Department of Management and Human Resources and Pyle-Bascom Professor in Business Leadership
The School recognizes excellence in teaching with four teaching awards of varying levels.
- Henry C. Naiman Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award: Ammad Amin (MBA ’19), full-time MBA student in the A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Research
- Mabel W. Chipman Outstanding Academic Staff Award for Excellence in Teaching: Mark Laplante, senior lecturer in finance
- Mabel W. Chipman Outstanding Junior Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching: Paul Hoban, assistant professor of marketing
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award: Joan Schmit, chair, Department of Risk and Insurance and American Family Insurance Distinguished Chair in Risk Management and Insurance
Educational Innovation Award
In 2014, WSB established the Educational Innovation Award to recognize innovation in the classroom. Special consideration is given to approaches that are adoptable and scaleable to large groups.
- Educational Innovation Award: Leslie Petty, assistant dean, Wisconsin Evening and Executive MBA programs; Lynn Snyder, director of academic resources and student affairs, Wisconsin Evening and Executive MBA programs; Binnu Palta Hill, assistant dean for diversity and inclusion
The service awards recognize an individual’s outstanding contribution and exemplary service to the School.
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Award for Service: Mark Ready, chair, Department of Finance, Investment and Banking; academic director, Hawk Center for Investment Analysis; and Jeffrey J. Diermeier Distinguished Chair in Finance
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz University Staff Service Award: Michele Parker, academic department specialist, Department of Accounting and Information Systems
- Wisconsin Naming Partners Academic Staff Achievement Award: Steve Boeder, director, Erdman Center for Operations and Technology Management
- Wisconsin Naming Partners Academic Staff Achievement Award: Patrick Stevens, admissions and operations manager, Wisconsin PhD Program
See the 2018 award winners.