This year’s Fall Real Estate Club Career Fair is both virtual and in-person across two days. Be sure to participate in this fall’s Career Fair at the Virtual Accounting/Finance/Real Estate on Wednesday, September 21 and/or the In-Person Real Estate Club Career Fair on Thursday, September 22.
Accounting/Finance/Real Estate Virtual Career Fair
Wednesday, September 21
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm CDT
In-Person Real Estate Club Career Fair
Thursday, September 22
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm CDT
New to Handshake?
Creating an account is easy!
Click here to create a new account.
Before the Career Fair
- Read the WSB Undergraduate Career Fair Guide, full of tips and tricks
- Research the companies participating in the Career Fair. Students registered on Handshake can view organization profiles and employment information by clicking on the Quick Link to the fair on their Handshake home page. Students can search through the employers attending the Career Fair within the fair database in Handshake.
- Prepare talking points to introduce yourself, demonstrate that you know something about the company, express why you’re interested in working for them and how your skills relate to what the company needs.
- Be prepared with questions to ask employers. Practice out loud!
- Know the general types of positions in which you have an interest and where you want to go with your career.
- Have a resume that’s digestible in one minute’s reading by busy employers. Bring enough copies!
- Be organized! Prepare a list of employers you want to visit during the fair.
During the Career Fair
- Business Professional attire is suggested. You don’t have to wear a suit, but do look professional.
- Make eye contact when introducing yourself to employers. Shake hands firmly and pay close attention to what the representative is saying.
- Ask questions about the company and current employment opportunities.
- Be enthusiastic! Smile and project interest in the company.
- Ask representatives for their business cards.
- Ask how you should best follow up, and who the contact person is.
- Make notes as you leave each company you’re interested in. You want to be prepared if you have further contact with a company representative.
After the Career Fair
- Send a letter to employer representatives of particular interest to you. In your note, you can briefly describe an additional strength of yours that you didn’t get to mention at the fair and restate your interest in interviewing with them.
- Be prepared to interview with organizations of interest after the fair.