- This event has passed.
Spring 2022 BBA Graduation Celebration
Friday, May 13 — 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Join us at a special event to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of the May 2022 BBA Graduates. The Spring BBA Graduation Celebration will feature a program and individual recognition for each graduate as they walk across the stage to receive their diploma covers. The program will also feature special guests, professional photography, and plenty of personal photo opportunities. Guests, family members, and friends are welcome to attend.
Please note, this celebration is not the official commencement ceremony and degrees are not conferred until the Camp Randall Ceremony on May 14, 2022. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 2:00 p.m.
Attending the Spring BBA Graduation Celebration
There is no ticketing for attendance. General admission seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you RSVP’d to attend the event, you received a confirmation email with more information.
There is no live stream available for this event. Please stay tuned for more information about a post-event video recording.
Information for Graduates
Please fill out this 4-minute Post-Graduation Survey telling us about your plans after graduation. It is expected that all graduates complete this survey, as we are required to provide summarized post-graduation data for accreditation, rankings, and as a legal requirement from the Wisconsin legislature. The data is also used to help inform students and employers hiring our students of what makes an offer competitive, so by completing this survey, you will help us help future Badgers. If you are still looking for a job after graduation, our Career Engagement Team will follow up with you to ensure that you are supported as you transition out of school.
Reserve Your Cap and Gown
Graduates should wear academic regalia for the Spring BBA Graduation Celebration and the official campus Commencement at Camp Randall. To ensure that your academic regalia is reflective of the new design, please place your reservation order through the University Book Store. View the University Book Store’s timeline for deadlines to order and pick up your regalia. Call (608) 257-3784, extension 5924, if you have questions.
Day of Instructions for Friday, May 13, 2022
- Arrive no later than 1:30 pm and report to the graduate staging area in HALL B. Students and guests who arrive after 2:00 pm will be seated after the student processional.
- Come dressed in your cap and gown over business professional attire.
- Personal belongings that do not fit inside a personal pocket should be left in your car, or with your guests – there is no secured storage for personal belongings onsite.
- There are no pre-assigned seating guidelines for graduates. You will be seated as you are lined up. You are encouraged to line up next to friends and classmates. Ushers will be available to assist with further direction on-site.
- You will receive a form on-site to fill out how your name should be read when you cross the stage (more instructions provided on-site). You will hand the card to a name reader, and once your name is called, cross the stage to receive your diploma cover. Your actual diploma will be mailed to you at a later date.
- Professional photographers will be available to take your photo on stage as you receive your diploma cover, and off-stage for a posed photo before you return to your seat.
- The program is estimated to run from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm. Guests should depart no later than 5:00 pm.
General Event Information
- No food or drink will be allowed in the Hall. Water stations will be provided.
- Please switch cell phones and mobile devices to silent.
- Refrain from moving from your seat during the program for a photo or video. Professional photos are being taken of each graduate and will be available for graduates and guests. There will also be many photo opportunities before and after the program.
Parking at Alliant Energy Center – Exhibition Hall is complimentary to BBA Graduation Celebration attendees. For a parking map, please see Alliant Energy Center parking information.
If you do not have transportation to the Alliant Energy Center, consider taking the bus or using a ride share service, such as Uber or Lyft. Bus Route 13 runs from Johnson Street to the Alliant Energy Center every hour.
The Wisconsin School of Business is committed to creating an inclusive and accessible event. If you need a reasonable accommodation to attend this event, please have your graduate include this request in their RSVP, or contact Jenny Lanzel at firstname.lastname@example.org. All reasonable accommodation requests should be made before Friday, April 29, 2022. We will attempt to fulfill requests made after this date, but cannot guarantee they will be met.
Please note that all seating is on the ground level of the Alliant Energy Exhibition Hall. Reserved seating will be available near the entrance for those with accessibility needs and wheelchairs plus one guest. Wheelchairs are not provided by the Alliant Energy Center or the Wisconsin School of Business.
UW – Madison Commencement
You are encouraged to attend the official commencement ceremony and degree conferral at Camp Randall on Saturday, May 14. For more information on the UW’s Camp Randall ceremony, please review the official campus commencement website.
Please direct questions to the BBA program email address: email@example.com and a staff member will follow up with you.