Are you interested in gaining specialized business knowledge in a short period of time? Or looking for opportunities for higher earning potential right out of college in an in-demand industry? Then completing a Master’s program at the Wisconsin School of Business at UW-Madison may be a good fit for you!
What are the Master’s Programs and Why Consider One?
The Wisconsin School of Business offers several one-year specialized Master’s degree programs including the:
- MS in Real Estate: Students in this program will learn to identify and manage real estate investment and development risks and benefits – all the while, communicating findings to investment boards, loan committees, and other stakeholder groups.
- MS in Business Analytics: Business analytics leverages analytic methods to investigate large amounts of data with the aim of: 1) discovering insights; and 2) making meaningful business recommendations.
- MS in Supply Chain Management: The supply chain management function gives companies competitive advantage by enabling capabilities that delight customers. It’s all about providing the right product in the right way at the right cost – as defined by the customer.
- MA in Arts and Creative Enterprise Leadership: Students will fuse arts and business knowledge to become the strategic leader needed in these sectors. Creative professionals will graduate with the tools they need to develop arts, social, and nonprofit organizations.
- MS in Accounting and Business Analysis: Students will enhance their background in accounting and learn technical, consulting, and analytical skills in this program. The curriculum is designed to help students become CPA exam ready. *This program is for accounting majors only.
These programs tend to early career candidates – those with little to no work experience – but can also be a good option for those who wish to develop a focused skillset within a short period of time. Given this advanced skillset, specialized business master’s graduates may see a higher starting salary.
Aside from increased earning potential, specialized business master’s degrees are a unique opportunity for students to situate themselves competitively in today’s job market. This is the case for two reasons:
- Master’s programs can help students become an expert in a specific area of business, and receive the tools and technical expertise necessary to make an impact.
- Students can leverage this skillset quickly due to the one-year program structure, and advance their career more quickly.
What are some of the highlights of the Master’s Programs?
- Courses taught by world-renowned faculty and curriculum that adapts to current industry trends
- Experiential Learning opportunities like consulting practicums, case competitions, and field experiences
- Site visits to companies and talks with industry experts
- Career path planning and access to highly qualified career coaches
For more information:
You can find out more information about the Master’s programs and apply on the WSB website here. We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2024 on a rolling basis.
The Admissions Team also holds informational sessions about the Master’s programs on a regular basis. You can find upcoming Admissions events on our website here.
If you have any questions at all, reach out to our Admissions team at the following email: email@example.com.