Would you like to gain valuable career experience over your summer break? Below you will find two fantastic, flexible summer break opportunities offered by Young Real Estate Professionals of New York and Ackman-Ziff.
You can participate from any part of the country and even if you already have a summer job or internship. Don’t miss out on the chance to learn new skills, connect with industry leaders and students from around the country, and hear about career pathways from real estate professionals in diverse areas of the real estate industry. Be sure to scroll to the bottom to review all of the information. These programs are filling quickly so apply soon if you’re interested!
3rd Annual Young Real Estate Professionals of New York (YREPNY) Summer Commercial Real Estate and Finance Workshop
Tentative dates: End of May through June. You don’t have to be from New York to participate in this Virtual Commercial Real Estate Workshop offered by the YREPNY! Mike Strug, President/Founder of YREPNY, is hosting this unique workshop starting at the end of May. Since the vast majority (95%) of the workshop is virtual and asynchronous, you can participate even if already have a summer internship or job, or travel plans.
Over 500 students from colleges around the country participated in the successful YREPNY Workshop. Participants had the opportunity to learn industry insights and hear career advice from a variety of commercial real estate professionals.
How to Register:
For more information for the Workshop or to be added to the preliminary roster and GroupMe, please contact Mike Strug at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, please fill out this Google Form.
Who is eligible? Wisconsin real estate undergraduate and graduate students, recent graduates, and young professionals.
The Virtual Summer Commercial Real Estate Workshop includes the following learning activities:
· Mike’s Morning Message: Encouragement to read the daily email for news articles and other trends in commercial real estate. Contact Mike at email@example.com to be added to the distribution list.
· Summarize several news articles per week: This includes summarizing one real estate related article and the second article can on a real estate topic of a different one such as business, tech, sports, world news, economics.
· Weekly guest speaker/live Zoom: Attend a weekly live Zoom call featuring real estate industry guest speakers to discuss their paths in the CRE industry. This will be followed by networking among the student participants. Sessions will be recorded in case students can’t virtually attend.
· View a variety of one-on-one interviews/conversations (pre-recorded): View recorded ‘interviews/conversations’ that with a variety of commercial real estate professionals as they explain their career pathways, job responsibilities and what types of skills and knowledge are needed in their jobs.
· Networking opportunities: Weekly networking challenges will help students expand their networks via LinkedIn or by other means. In addition, students will be encouraged to network with each other. We will try and have virtual networking events for the students as well. Participate in a children’s hospital toy drive fundraiser.
· Case Study: Join an optional commercial real estate case study.
· Resources: Access to a Google Drive that will include various documents and items to help further your knowledge of commercial real estate. Mike will also send a 10-15 minute recording of his recap of the week in the real estate industry as well as networking/interview tips. The focus will be on how to find a job in commercial real estate
Ackman-Ziff Summer Course
Ackman-Ziff, the industry’s preeminent boutique real estate capital advisory firm, is pleased to be sponsoring industry’s premier introductory real estate course with an emphasis on business ethics, career development, networking, and the idea that building relationships and the elevation of those around us are critical to our success and happiness. Learn more and apply.
Program Summary: The Ackman-Ziff Summer Intensive Course a unique summer course and on-going educational experience where participants will hear exclusive stories and gain an understanding of a career in commercial real estate. Not only will participants learn valuable lessons from seasoned commercial real estate professionals and executives, but they will also have a unique opportunity to network with and receive mentorship from Ackman-Ziff professionals and various friends of the firm within the industry.
Our aim is to encourage and inspire young men and women to explore the comprehensive and creative world of real estate. The immersive summer course will dive into real-world scenarios and experiences from top leaders in the field. Professionals in the industry will teach students tangible and tactical methods of connecting and communicating in the business world. From the effective use of Linkedin, marketing, time management, preparation and organization, to
negotiations, finance, and teamwork, participants will gain valuable insight to navigating a business setting and building relationships effectively.
Along with building a range of interpersonal, technical, financial, and leadership skills, participants will walk away with a comprehensive understanding of the importance of real estate, relationships, and the impact they have on society and communities. Ackman-Ziff hopes to inspire AZ Educate graduates as they continue to build upon the friendships they have gained throughout the course while they explore careers post-high school and college.
Process: The course will be taught through storytelling, lessons learned and two AZ Educate designed case studies.
· Session 1: June 27-30 – Undergrads
· Session 2: August 8-11 – Expanded to include post-undergraduate and graduate students
· Virtual Introductory Real Estate Course / Mentorship Program
· Designed to complement your summer internship (if you have already accepted one) and we will reach out to your employer to find a way to accommodate.
· 3 hours per day attending mandatory virtual instruction via Zoom
· Must have access to a computer with audio/video capabilities and high-speed internet
· Stipend available based on need (under consideration)