Weikel Speaker Series
The M. Keith Weikel Speaker Series enables Wisconsin MBA students to interact with and learn from accomplished business leaders and alumni. Executives from both the private and public sectors are invited to campus to address students. Students deepen their leadership skills by hearing the distinct perspectives of these visiting business leaders. Pre- and post-receptions create exclusive networking opportunities for students.
Made Possible through Alumni Support
The series was established in 2004 with a gift by John J. Oros (BBA ‘71) and his wife, Anne Wackman. Oros is managing director at J.C. Flowers & Co., LLC. Today, the series continues as the M. Keith Weikel MBA Leadership Speaker Series thanks to a gift by M. Keith Weikel (PhD, Marketing and Economics, ‘66) and his wife Barbara. Weikel retired as senior executive vice president and COO of ManorCare, Inc. in Toledo, Ohio, in 2006. He has served as a director of Laboratory Corporation of America, director for Direct Supply, Inc., and director emeritus for Manor Care, Inc. He is a member of the Federation of American Health Systems and the Alliance for Quality Long Term Care.
2021-2022 Academic Year Speakers
September 10, 2021
Jill Timm has spent the past 22 years of her illustrious career at Kohl’s, the largest department retail chain in the United States.
Named CFO in 2019, Ms. Timm oversees Kohl’s financial planning and analysis, investor relations, financial reporting, accounting operations, tax, and treasury.
Previous roles in Jill Timm’s career at Kohl’s include:
- Executive Vice President – Finance (2018-2019)
- Senior Vice President – Finance (2012-2018)
- Vice President – Finance (2008-2012)
- Vice President – Financial Planning & Analysis (2006-2008)
Thasunda Brown Duckett
September 30, 2021
Thasunda Brown Duckett is President and CEO of TIAA, a Fortune 100 provider of retirement and investment solutions for people working in higher education, healthcare, and other mission-driven organizations.
Ms. Duckett joined TIAA after serving as CEO of Chase Consumer Banking, overseeing a banking network with more than $600 billion in deposits and 50,000 employees. Prior to that, she was the CEO of Chase Auto Finance, one of the leading U.S. providers of auto financing.
Ms. Duckett serves on several national boards, such as:
- NIKE, Inc.
- Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights
- Sesame Workshop
- National Meal of Honor Museum
- Economic Club of New York
2020-2021 Academic Year Speakers
Rana el Kaliouby
September 24, 2020
Dr. el Kaliouby is a rarity in both the tech world and her native Middle East: a Muslim leader and CEO, a woman in charge in a field that is still overwhelmingly white and male. Co-Founder and CEO of Affectiva, a tech firm born at the MIT Media Lab, Rana is also the author of the recently released book Girl Decoded: A Scientist’s Quest to Reclaim Our Humanity by Bringing Emotional Intelligence to Technology (2020).
Highlights from her career include:
- Named one of Fortune’s 40 Under 40 and Forbes’ Top 50
- Women in Tech
- World Economic Forum Young Global Leader
- Member of Young Presidents’ Organization
- Co-hosted PBS NOVA series on AI
- Earned a Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge and Post Doctorate at MIT
Marvin A. Riley
October 22, 2020
Marvin A. Riley oversees a global workforce of 5,300 employees as the President and Chief Executive Officer of EnPro Industries, a global manufacturer of proprietary engineered products across diverse end markets.
Highlights from Marvin A. Riley include:
- Served EnPro Industries, Inc. in a variety of roles including: Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, President of the Fairbanks Morse Engine division, VP of Manufacturing, and VP of Global Operations
- Served more than 10 years as an executive at General Motors Corporation
- Served on the Board of Directors of TimkenSteel Corporation
- Completed the Advanced Management Program (AMP) at the Harvard Business School
Adonica has over 35 years of experience in the development of business startups, new services, and process improvement across industries like healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, and construction. She is well-recognized as a thought leader who speaks widely on the future of women and minorities in STEM careers.
Career highlights for Adonica Randall include:
- The Entrepreneur in Residence at Marquette University’s Opus College of Engineering
- Ambassador for Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WI)
- African Heritage International board member
February 4, 2021
Jake Wood is cofounder and CEO of Team Rubicon, a nonprofit organization that utilizes the skills of military veterans to deploy disaster response teams. Since its founding in response to the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, Team Rubicon has launched over 650 operations in response to natural disasters and humanitarian crises, and has grown from eight to 120,000 members.
Career highlights for Jake Wood include:
- Distinguished service in the United States Marine Corps, earning numerous commendations and achieving the rank of Sergeant
- Briefed President Obama on veterans’ issues and former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton on Team Rubicon
- Author of two books, including Once a Warrior: How One Veteran Found a New Mission Closer to Home (2020)
- Recipient of the Pat Tillman Award for Courage at the 2018 ESPY Awards
- Wisconsin School of Business alum and former UW football player
Featured Previous Speakers
Here are just a few of the many inspiring leaders who have joined the Wisconsin School of Business for the Weikel Series (listed alphabetically).