Mark the date of November 8,2022 from 12.30 pm to 2.00 pm and join MITA’s (Madison International Trade Association – https://www.mitatrade.org/) upcoming event targeting the Challenges in Supply chain and how to stay resilient to the ever changing environment to satisfy your customers and reach your business goals with a broad networking opportunity with industry leaders in manufacturing, supply chain and business development field.
The event takes place in in-person and virtual format.
In person: Fluno Center, 601 University Ave, Madison, WI 53715
US$ 15.00 virtual
US$ 35.00 in person with lunch provided (buffet style)
Supply Chain disruptions and shortages are reaching critical urgency. It’s imperative that your organization understand the current situation and how to navigate these challenging times. Staying current with regulatory updates and managing risk are vital to navigating maritime logistics. Walk away with a better understanding of:
- Role of shipping and freight industry in global trade
- Risks and liabilities associated with global trade, shipping and freight
- Competing in global trade and shipping and freight industry
- Benefits and challenges of digitalization
- Importance of real-time visibility
Real-world examples will be brought to the table to offer insight into different companies’ strategy addressing the disruption in their value chain.
Look for a spirited discussion led by industry pioneer and founder of Shipping and Freight Resource Hariesh Manaadiar, who will be joined by Peter B. Lukszys, distinguished lecturer in supply chain management at the Wisconsin School of Business, and Sandi Siegel, President, Managing Director M.E. Dey & Co. The speakers offer insight into the role of shipping in global trade, how to mitigate risk and what’s needed to set your organization up for success.
- Peter B. Lukszys, Distinguished Lecturer on Operations and Information Management at UW-Madison –
- UW-Madison Bio: https://business.wisc.edu/directory/profile/peter-b-lukszys/
- LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/pete-lukszys-90b6734/
- Hariesh Manaadiar, Shipping and Freight Professional, Founder of Shipping and Freight Resource
- Sandi Siegal, President, Managing Director MeDey & Co. -responsible for strategic development. Sandi works closely with her executive team to continue development of enhanced services to remain a leader in the brokerage and forwarding industry. In an era of increased trade compliance enforcement and dynamic trade negotiations, Sandi embraces the opportunity to provide customers with relevant, timely information to stay current. She also consults with importers and exporters on the development of their supply chain and compliance programs to best meet their objectives.
Sandi received her BS in Business with honors from Cardinal Stritch University. She has been a participating member of the National Association of Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders for over 35 years as well as the Chicago Brokers Association and the Los Angeles Customs Brokers & Freight Forwarders Association. She is active in the local trade community serving as a board member of the Madison Trade Association, a frequent speaker at the Milwaukee World Trade Association and local universities, and is a co-host of the WisPolitics.com podcast, “Talking Trade.”
Please send your registration request directly to Henrietta Bogyay @ firstname.lastname@example.org