As part of the Risk Management and Insurance MBA program, students participate in a specialization-focused internship between their first and second years. After fine-tuning resumes and learning interview skills from their career management liaison and receiving mock interviews from alumni mentors, they relied on their growing networks and skills to land internships that allow immediate practical application of the knowledge gained in their first year.
The following list details how our students will be increasing their educations this summer.
- Colin Lane will be working with American Family Insurance in their Strategy, Governance, and Compliance division. He is eager to work with the Creative Destruction Lab.
- Isaac Ratcliffe has earned a Consumer Product Research internship at CUNA Mutual. He will use strategic and innovative thinking to leverage lean-startup methodology to shorten product development cycles.
- Andrew Shaw will be interning with Liberty Mutual Insurance as a Summer Associate in the Corporate Development Program. He will work on-location in Boston, MA.
- Madison Wescott is serving as Enterprise Risk Intern at American Family Insurance. She will be focusing on how to effectively ID and manage risk in different projects across the enterprise.
- An internship was not part of classmate Kohta Kumazaki’s plans. Instead, he will be immersing himself in summer courses at UW-Madison.
We wish all of our students a rewarding and memorable summer, and we look forward to gathering face-to-face in the fall.