Each spring, the Wisconsin School of Business recognizes faculty and staff for outstanding achievement in the areas of research; teaching; student learning and engagement; service and staff recognition; and diversity, equity, and inclusion. The annual awards ceremony also commemorates faculty and staff for milestone years of service and honors those retiring in the current year.
Here is a full list of the 2022 awardees:
Faculty Research Awards
WSB presents the Erwin A. Gaumnitz Research Awards to recognize noteworthy achievement in an area of research. The awards are peer-nominated based on the caliber, significance, and productivity of the research.
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Junior Faculty Research Award:
- Jirs Meuris, assistant professor of management and human resources
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Research Award:
- Joann Peck, professor of marketing
The school recognizes excellence in teaching with four teaching awards.
- Henry C. Naiman Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award:
- Bethany Noltner, MBA student, strategic human resource management
- Derek Christensen, doctoral student, accounting and information systems
- Mabel W. Chipman Outstanding Academic Staff Award for Excellence in Teaching:
- Carl Barlett, director of risk management and insurance program
- Mabel W. Chipman Outstanding Junior Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching:
- Sang Byung Seo, assistant professor of finance
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award:
- Qing Liu, associate professor of marketing
James M. Johannes Outstanding Faculty Award for Excellence in Executive Education Teaching
This award recognizes service to WSB’s Center for Professional and Executive Development.
- James M. Johannes Outstanding Faculty Award for Excellence in Executive Education Teaching: Justin Sydnor, professor of risk and insurance
Student Learning and Engagement Award
This award recognizes faculty and instructional staff member(s) who have inspired student learning, demonstrated collaborative efforts across units, and built in plans to grow and/or be sustainable over time.
- Steve Boeder, director of the Erdman Center for Operations and Technology Management
- Rommel Jimenez, student life manager for undergraduate program
Wisconsin School of Business Service Awards
WSB’s service awards recognize an individual’s outstanding contribution and exemplary service to the school.
- Erwin A. Gaumnitz Distinguished Faculty Award for Service: Jon Eckhardt, associate professor of management and human resources
Wisconsin School of Business Staff Recognition Awards
WSB recognizes outstanding employee contributions that illustrate and reinforce our core values and contribute to the success of our students, corporate partners, alumni, and each other. The awardees demonstrate characteristics that set us apart; that contribute to The Wisconsin Idea, and are building blocks for Roadmap 2025, the school’s strategic plan.
- Wisconsin School of Business Individual Staff Recognition Award
- Lynn Snyder, director of academic resources and student affairs, Evening and Executive MBA Programs
- Josh Crom, facilities manager, Facilities Services
- Wisconsin School of Business Group Staff Recognition Award
- Marketing and Strategic Communications
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Awards
WSB recognizes outstanding employee contributions that illustrate and reinforce our core values and contribute to the success of our students, corporate partners, alumni, and each other.
- Excellence in Implementing DEI Through the Wisconsin Idea Award
- Paul Johnson, lecturer of risk and insurance, and Margie Rosenberg, professor of risk and insurance
- Excellence in Embedding DEI in the Curriculum Award
- Hart Posen, professor of management and human resources
- Group: Excellence in Programming Advancing DEI for Students Award
- Undergraduate Student Life Team
See the 2021 award winners.