Service Week is a week where business school students volunteer at various organizations and make an impact on the community! It runs from October 24 – November 1, 2020. During this week, you can volunteer in various virtual ways at any time. Submit “proof” (pictures, etc.) of what you do in order to earn points. Each point will result in one entry of your name into a raffle. The more points you earn, the higher chance you have of winning one of our PRIZES! (Note: there is no minimum or maximum amount of points required to be entered in the drawing)
See below for a list of activities we have identified, along with the point value for each. The ALC is open to other volunteering efforts too — please email us at email@example.com if the activity you are interested in doing is not listed below. We will assign point values based on the activity.
Also refer to the list of Student Organizations below that will grant a membership point for your participation in Service Week!
Community Service Activities
- Donate blood, or volunteer at a blood drive (3 points)
- Make thank you cards for first responders/doctors/nurses for all they have done with the COVID-19 Pandemic. Mail these, or submit them virtually to the organization of your choosing. (1 point)
- Create and post an Instagram Venmo tile template — donate to a charity of choice (2 points)
- Pick up litter along the lakeshore path, state street, or anywhere in Madison (gloves & social distancing required!) (3 points)
- Make thank you messages for veterans. Mail these, or submit them virtually to the organization of your choosing. (1 point)
- Do research on how to vote near you and post your research on Social Media (1 point)
- Send e-cards to children with cancer at St. Jude (1 point)
- Take a hunger quiz, which donates every time you take a quiz (1 point)
- Drop off non-perishable food, socks, coats, and/or gloves to the bins located outside 3290 Grainger. These will be donated to a local homeless shelter. (2 points)
- Send a handwritten letter to an elder (2 points)
- Walk to support animal welfare organizations (2 points)
- Walk to support a charity (2 points)
- Be my eyes (2 points)
- Other opportunity you’ve identified – email firstname.lastname@example.org for approval & point value!
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Remember to document the activities you do through pictures, screenshots, etc. Submit those pics to the form below to earn points for the activities. Include all your activities for the week into one submission by the end of the day on Sunday, November 1st.